New Year’s resolutions are fun to make but hard to maintain. They tend to come from a place inside us telling us what we should do. Sometimes they make
us feel like we misbehaved and we need to do better next year, giving us a feeling of guilt. Feeling guilty about not saving water isn’t going to get
us to reach our water saving goals. Saving water is critical to our future and our children and grandchildren’s future too. If that is not motivating
enough, what will motivate you to change? The reality for most is the threat of doom does not kick us into water savings mode either. I believe the
best way to create change is to keep your goals simple, measurable and be accountable. Below are 5 simple, measurable ways to save water today and
throughout the year. This takes care of the simple and measurable, now find a partner to share your savings goals and results with and have instant
1. Use one glass for your drinking water each day, or refill a water bottle. This will cut down on the number of glasses to wash.
2. Don’t run your garbage disposal – instead compost – this saves water and makes your garden happier.
3. Use a broom, rather than a hose, to clean driveways or sidewalks.
4. Spend a minute less time in the shower each time you shower and you will save hundreds of gallons of water over the year.
5. When you do your laundry make sure the water level selection matches the size of your load.
If you enjoyed these 5 ways to save water here is a list of 100 Ways To Save Water all year round.
Richard Restuccia Sep-07-2016
Richard Restuccia Jun-21-2016
Richard Restuccia Sep-15-2015
Kevin Stewart Feb-10-2015
Richard Restuccia Jan-13-2015
Richard Restuccia Jan-12-2015
Copyright © 2017 Jain Irrigation, Inc. All Rights Reserved